What Does a Hero Look Like?

My heroes? Jesus, Oprah, my husband, Beyoncé's hair, and whoever invented pizza.


Tonight my laaaadies small group embarks on Lisa Bevere's "Girls with Swords" book and study and I am basically doing cartwheels in anticipation of sharing this incredible message.


Time to find the haters with this announcement: I don't dig all of today's women's ministry stuff. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE the Word of God and I love Jesus.


But I think some most of it is entirely too flowery, too squishy and meek, too covered in potpourri and mauve, to do any good with me. Or my squad.


We have REAL issues. We have REAL world problems. Sin. Infidelity. Addiction. Divorce.


But, Praise Report: we also have the REAL teachings of Christ to navigate us through these tangles of today.


I am so tired of soft, squishy, fluffy answers and suggestions on how to pray intentionally for our families and lives. I crave BOLD, specific, strong, backed-up-by-the-Most-High prayers.


I want to proclaim it. Not suggest it.


I want to be the head. Not the tail.


I want to stand UP for myself and my family and friends. Not take a seat around the edge.


Lisa Bevere is one of the most powerful women ministers I know of and this word, bearing our faith and scripture like a sword, is so relevant and exciting.


It's rally time, sisters. Join us!


"God means what he says. What he says goes. His powerful word is sharp as a surgeon's scalpel, cutting through everything, whether doubt or defense, laying us open to listen and obey. Nothing and no one is impervious to God's Word. We can't get away from is - no matter what." - Hebrews 4:12 MSG




(When I strike haters down, it is from atop my unicorn with a sword, see below)







Comments

Popular Posts