Current Feels vs. Jesus Feels

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet he did not sin. Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:15-16


This passage resonated with me this morning.


Too often, we don't think we are qualified to do God's work.

We aren't smart enough, we aren't read-up enough, we aren't good enough at speaking.


Who would read this? Who would care?


The definition of "empathy" is "the capacity to understand or feel what another is experiencing."


Jesus is able to empathize.


He knows what it is like to hurt. To struggle. To feel weak. To be confused or uncertain. He was tempted in every way - YET HE DID NOT SIN.


I feel like we can look to our Savior for real help. We can ask our Lord real questions and share real struggles because he REALLY understands. He REALLY feels what we are feeling.


Current feels?


Worry for IV as he travels without us.
Concern about the future of my career.
Frustration ALWAYS because I NEVER feel I am adequately fulfilling what Christ has called me to do.
Sadness because I watch young people filled with self-loathing and hatred, expressed through social media.


Jesus feels?


Reassurance that angels protect His children no matter what.
Confidence that my talents will always be useful to glorify His name.
Peace because I am typing this and I know it makes Him happy to be sharing His Word.
Joy because each day is an opportunity to breathe new life into our youth and share positively over our vast networks and world.


I challenge you to list your feels. How would Jesus feel about your feels? Flip the lens, my loves!


IV is fine. He's been given a life pass to the Crystal Beach waterslide and he and BG are owning the place.



Comments

Popular Posts