Too Much

"The Lord detests dishonest scales, but accurate weights find favor with him." - Proverbs 11:1-2

Father, take this from us NOW. We beg You. Because it is too much.

When there's nothing left to do, PRAY.

When there's everything left to do, PRAY.

My career and my passion is communication. And I've been in the game long enough to know that we don't know the full picture. We never do. We don't know the full intentions. We never do. Any time humans are involved, we cannot ever fully understand.

We jump to conclusions on EVERY side. We are fast to make decisions and assumptions and create a stance and share. To craft and devise and solve, because we are all the BEST solvers, right?

I urge you, BEG you: PRAY.

Pray this one out, friends.

This world doesn't need your shares on Facebook. This world doesn't need your likes on a video feed. This world needs you to get on your knees before the Father and beg for him to FIX. THIS.

Because it is too much.

Whatever is on your heart, I want you to hit your knees and give it up to Him: judgement, anger, resentment, sorrow, bitterness, disbelief. Lay it at His feet and beg Him to move in our world.

If you read my blog, you will know that I recently attempted to listen over the sounds of my husband gagging listened to Thich Nhat Hahn on Oprah's "Super Soul Sunday." Two of his mantras that he shared were in relation to suffering and I think they are so relevant to us.

When someone else suffers, say this: Darling, I know you suffer. I am here for you.

When you suffer, say this: Darling, I suffer. I am trying my best to practice. Please help me.

I assure you: no one needs your opinion right now. No one needs your shares and your hashtags and your retweets.

We need compassion. And it starts with acknowledgment: I know you suffer. I am HERE.


Comments

Popular Posts