L-I-V-I-N

"God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out to him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us." - Acts 17:27

When Destin chose this verse, I went straight to the Message version of the Bible. Do you ever give the message version a shot? It's sort of like "real talk" to me - it's how I would explain something to you over coffee or if we were sharing a chocolate chip walnut cookie from Gypsy Joint in Galveston.

I might be obsessed. It was the best thing I've ever tasted. I did not share it. But I would with you. Now that I've had one for myself. But I digress...

The message version says "he made us and the earth hospitable, with plenty of time and space for living so we could seek after God, and not just grope around in the dark, but actually find him. He's not remote; he's near!" 

Plenty of time and space. Doesn't that give you a sense of relief? When we live in a world of deadlines and schedules and endless lists of goals and errands, God created us for one purpose:

To spend our lives SEEKING HIM.

You can't accomplish it in a day. You cant cross it off your list and move on. You can't rush it or make excuses even. And you SHOULDN'T.

This life of yours is meant for seeking and finding God in your everyday. In the joyful, sunshine moments - and in the challenging ones. The ones where you stress about job interviews and your car breaking down and CAN SCHOOL START ALREADY?!? because kids and summer and if you hear "I'm boooorrrred" one more time you might drop them off at a fire station. God is not remote in those moments either - he is near.

And there's plenty of time and space for living to find him in the every day. I challenge you to seek him and find him today, no matter the circumstances.

Comments

Popular Posts